The University of Sydney invites candidates who are eligible to pursue a postgraduate degree program in Research or Masters by this University to apply for the International Research Grant of the University of Sydney (USydIS). The goal of USydIS is to attract high quality international graduate students to carry out research projects that improve the University’s research activities. You should not consider this scholarship if you’re yet to finish your bachelor’s degree or enrolled for an online masters degree.
Host institution(s): University of Sydney in Australia
Level / Fields of study: Postgraduate in Research or Master’s degree by Research program in all research disciplines (but it would depend on the Faculty)
Number of prizes: Not specified.
Objective group: International students starting in March (research period 2) and July (research period 3).
Value of the scholarship / inclusions / duration: USydIS will cover tuition and subsistence allowance for up to three years, with the possibility of a semester extension for doctoral students.
To be eligible for USydIS, you must:
- Be an international student who begins full-time enrollment in a Higher Degree for Research (HDR) at this University. Students can also be considered until they have consumed a maximum of six months of candidacy for the course.
- Be a student who studies in a thematic area identified by the University within the areas of their current and emerging research strengths.
- Not have a research qualification considered equivalent to an Australian research doctorate, or, if you are pursuing a master’s degree or graduate degree program in research, do not possess a research qualification considered equivalent or superior to an Australian research master’s degree.
- Not having had an Australian Award scholarship within two years prior to the start of the RTP Fee Scholarship.
- Not receiving a scholarship for which course enrollment is a component of any other scholarship program to which the Australian government makes a substantial contribution.
- You have not previously received an RTP fare grant, unless the previous scholarship was for a research master’s degree that you have completed and now apply for a PhD. You should not consider this scholarship if you’re yet to finish your bachelor’s degree or enrolled for an online masters degree.
- Not having previously considered for the scholarship up to 3 times in the last 5 years.
There is no separate scholarship application form, to be considered for the scholarship you must submit an application for admission to your research degree. Scholarship applications are welcome throughout the year, but are only available for March (research period 2) and July (research period 3).